Never forget that your dog’s bark is communication. So, barking is completely normal for any dog but it should be considered a problem if it becomes excessive. Excessive barking is a common dog behavior problem you may face. This can lead to sleepless nights for the dog owners and neighbors.
If you want to stop the unwanted barking of your dog, may be you should think to buy a bark collar. It is an effective tool in controlling and stopping the barking problem. But, you’d better tried several methods of training to help your dog overcome his barking problem, before you put on a bark collar on him.
Most barking dogs, however, are not behaving abnormally. Rather, they are responding to an environmental stimulus and/or displaying normal alerting behavior. Some breeds tend to bark more than others. A Maltese and other watch dogs can be protective of their owner, so they will bark at strangers.
Understanding the reason for your dog’s bark is necessary in order to correct the behavior. If you can’t get rid of the stimuli causing the barking, than a bark collar would be an effective tool in controlling your dogs barking. A bark collar always creates discomfort for your pet whenever he/she barks.
There are many reasons why dogs may bark excessively. Some of these include
– To alert their owners that another unfamiliar band of humans or a predatory animal was in the area (for this reason, you are not supposed to use bark collar)
– To attract attention. They bark because they have been inadvertently rewarded for barking by being given attention or praise by their owners.
– To communicate a message, or to express excitement
– Dogs may bark at their owners to get what they want or when they are being ignored
– Some dogs bark in response to certain exciting stimuli, such as delivery people, loose dogs or cats, squirrels or unfamiliar noises
– Dogs will also bark as part of a chain reaction: one dog barks at something and others join in
– Dogs that become anxious when separated from their owners often bark or make other noises
Medical problems in older dogs such as deafness, cognitive problems, or other brain diseases may cause a dog bark excessively. Dogs that are in pain may also bark. Please do not use best bark collar in this case.
Some conventional bark collar just controlling the barking, while others using advance technology actually modify behavior and teach the dog not to bark as well.
Before you decide which bark collar you will buy, read carefully and compare the products specification, features. Although some people are more interested in choosing the cheapest one, you should consider the quality and benefits first then compare the price.